Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hurricane Irene....

Friday Aug. 26 2011 the kids and I prepare the yard for Irene. Putting away or tying down anything that could blow away. Hubby had stopped at the store for last minute things and I filled all water bottles I had around the house. I also gathered all my candles....I already knew the power would go.
Sat. Aug. 27 2011 we woke up to lots of rain and started watching the news. The kids played their games and watched movies. We charged our phones and waited. The winds started getting really strong...still we waited. The power started to flicker and then went out completely around 6pm. Hubby and kids never skipped a beat, they pulled out the board games and played by candle light.
The next morning I grab the camera and we went for a little drive. We needed ice.

This tree was blocking our way to my mother-in-laws home...so we went around and.....

This was blocking the other way. We did get around to her house only to find out she had gone out also.  :)


We still had our camping gear out from a recent trip.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You guys were really close to Irene. I am glad to hear you all are safe and sound. I am up here in Indiana and we did get some really nice NON-humid air from Irene. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that must have been scarey! Glad to hear you are all ok!

    ReplyDelete